to visit the website of the Franciscans of Fort Lauderdale
Visit also the Communion of Ecumenical Catholic Churches website
As members of the Body of Jesus Christ and inspired by Francis of Assisi, we the Parish of Sts. Francis and Clare, seek Jesus incarnate in all of God's creation especially in our brothers and sisters.
As followers of Francis & Clare, we are called to celebrate the diversity and uniqueness of every person as God's gift to us. In the spirit of Franciscan joy, we go forth to proclaim the Good News of God's love, using words, if necessary.
Our theology is Trinitarian; our polity includes --- Bishop, Priest, Laity.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Christian...Because we strive to live according to the teachings of Jesus Christ
We are Catholic...Because we believe in the true presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist on our Altar.
We are all God's Children...Because we live in Jesus who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
We are a group of women and men from many Catholic backgrounds, histories, traditions, and ways of life who follow Christ in Francis' teachings. We pray for God's creation: we live simply; we take care of each other as a community and reach out to anyone who may need us. We serve in a special way the gospel "poor in spirit"- those who feel displaced and disenfrancished from their prayer community of birth. Maybe, like our brother Francis, together we can tame the wolf of the world prowling among us, the wolf, whose name is Hate.
SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE PARISH OF ST. FRANCIS AND CLARE
- We share our home with the greyhounds sponsored through HollyDogs greyhound rescue. Come join us the 4th saturday of the month for a unique dog friendly experience!
- We perform marriages (Eastern or Western rites) and holy unions at our church or a location special to you. We work with you to make this the beautiful and blessed event that it is intended to be.
- We officiate at funerals and memorial services, making this sacred time meaningful to those who both mourn and celebrate the passing on of our loved ones.
- We graciously baptize both children and adults and welcome them into God’s family.
- We offer the rite of reconciliation, as well as all the other sacraments.
- A special mission is the blessing of animals and grief counseling for those who have to say goodbye to their long time companions.
ST FRANCIS AND THE ANIMALS
Known as the patron saint of animals, the environment and Italy, St. Francis has always been known for his humility towards nature. As Franciscans, the friars do their part to provide blessings for animals and assist in ending cruelty and suffering and finding all animals loving homes.Currently, we work with Humane Society of Broward County as their chaplains as well as chaplains to the Holly Dogs organization.